Monday 3 September 2012

3rd Year Brief

So, our brief for 3rd year is 'world of the story', I think. You'd think I'd have a cracking idea considering I've had an extra year to come up with something, and until just this morning you'd be very wrong indeed. I had absolutely zilch.

Then it came to me, as I was blow-drying my hair in the mirror. What if I just did something incredibly simple? I've always been so obsessed with trying to think of something that nobody else has done... which I now know is near impossible.

Thus came my idea. A lonely mountain climber and his equally lonely, but far more territorial, rival. I won't give away the whole thing yet because its not pitch time! But lets just say I have something. It actually has a beginning, middle and an end; two characters; a shared goal; a really simple, but hopefully beautiful and surreal setting; and a nice story. It's probably been done to death, but I hope I can put my own spin on it.

I'll be saving my furry space opera for some other time :3


No comments:

Post a Comment